Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blood donation campaign

Today was the last day of the blood donation campaign held in my college. The members from first aid unit came in our lecturer hall and promote the campaign. After that, our lecturer said 'I will dismiss earlier and you all go and donate blood'.Rather thinking she is joking or what...I just turned around and ask my friend whether want to have a try..She nodded..I couldn't believe my friend say yes..I kept repeating asking her..sure ar?? sure ar?? sure ar?? Because myself was thinking to go or not to go..?? Okay..if that the case.LET'S GO!!

Both of us were so nervous.First, we are required to fill in the form.Next,we have to check our blood group and level of haemoglobin.Third, check blood pressure. OMG! It's the time to donate blood.argh....argh....nervous...my hand was freezing cold.While we were in CA, the air-cond was so cold. I couldn't feel my body temperature. I was asked to lay down. My heartbeats were very very fast. Wen Pin came to me and he asked me not to be nervous.Still I am nervous , this is my first time to donate blood. Maybe it's because I don't know how it feels. He also asked me not to see at my hand while the nurse is injecting the needle. He even told me the procedures. I answered him I wanted to leave. No way for that, I strengthen myself to go for it. Yun Ying came to me and held my hand.Thanks for your accompany.I feel better you stand beside me.=)

I can say this is a good experience. As I said, it's good because I can donate blood which means i have a chance to help others.

Picture after the blood pack was removed.


I can even see the needle's hole on my hand.It's painful while you were looking at it.